Feb 15, 2011

Joining Youth Congress

For some of you to know.. I have done my part of the participation towards Youth Congress.. and soon I am going to be the member of the youth congress wing. The thought of joining politics at active level has always been in mind, just that I never had courage to step up and say that YES I WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE for the nation. I feel proud now that I am participating in a movement that can bring youth into active politics and curb those issues that have always been hurting us...Though I intend to run at a semi-active level for now I am sure sooner or later [atleast next 5-10 yrs] I am going to be highly active in.

Just so that I dont sound like a desperate newly wed... It took a moment of definitions on what and why I wanted to do this... but I havent yet figured out completely on how I will contribute to the Youth Congress wing.. I surely want to spend a lot of my hours and energy into it, so that I can help my nation.

Some asked me Why politics... why not NGO's etc?
Well I have a simple experience in my life, I always chose things that did not work well... today everyone just wants to make politicians responsible for whatever issues be it corruption, terrorism or natural disasters, I want to change this. I am sure I cant do this alone.. so the I is going to be We always. From a personal ground I am a people person, I love public speaking, I love interacting with people, I love been a part of the change and more importantly I love brining in the change.. I have patience to stick around, I have mindset to learn and improvise. I have mentality to grow and let people grow. I hate corruption. I am sure I am not greedy for money, and since you have known me for a while you also know that I am honest. Now that this blog post has become my memorandum... I would seek your contribution in helping me and this nation get back on track..

We together can be a revolution.. we together can help India be India and remain to be India... The good part of been a part of Youth Congress is that the vision and ideology of Youth Congress matches to how I think, I choose congress as they want to get some development done. I better get basic necessities for those houses in the rural and urban areas who struggle hard for it, I better create job opportunities for those who are unemployed and get some blessings from them than fight for a temple or mosque, some city or state...

Wish me luck, in my new journey

5 comments:

  1. any updates??
    howz the exp joining IYC??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say.. so far so good. Though the IYC Booth elections are yet to be done.. I am expecting to get involved sooner. I already met a lot of highly interactive and intelligent folks, which promises that we are on right path

    I see an issue that is people do not get together until some election is on the view, which would mean that the momentum is not present. That could also be due to the fact that I am not an office bearer yet.

    Hoping to be involved more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jamir : here I am again. I now got elected at the Booth Level and am contesting for the City Committee.. Let me tell you that IYC is the bestest way anyone can think of. For those who are from a non-political background like me, it proved to be the best platform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats !!!.
    are you now actively involved in the coming PMC elections?
    Best of luck, it would be very difficult to defend Congress with Kalmadi... It's difficult time for Congress.

    Read ur blogs... keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jamir. Yes I am actively involved and have asked the party for a ticket. Eventually I have plans to campaign for a few of my friends who are also likely to get the party tickets. It may be a difficult time, but the mood in the party is great in the city and it also appears that people have known that its Congress that is the ONLY and best option for the city

    ReplyDelete