Apr 20, 2009

Lets Not vote for Criminals

I read through the interesting web site http://myneta.info/ eventually if we decide not to vote for people with criminal backgrounds... we are definitely going to be kept listed with very few candidates and yes then our choice is easier...

Now going through the web site specially for Maharashtra I see several people contesting elections having strong criminal base... amazing no? Going through I see several parties that have posted their favourites as candidates eventually cause if they dont place them they loose the seat?

Although not all people listed there with criminal records should not be voted for... like instance there are 2 BJP candidates who have defamatory cases against them... I am sure these would be based on some hate speech or some opposition person filing it... Also I see some candidates having negligible case as in cases where they were involved in some protests etc... We are a democracy and we have a right to protest...

Some are serious offences... Murders, Attempts to Murders.. and thats scary... I hope the election commision some point brings in a law that anyone with any criminal case cannot contest the elections and I am sure that will bring some good life to us...

Happy Voting... However Please ensure that you choose the right candidate... I am a fan of Congress candidate in Pune... but I request you to choose someone who is a better person in your constituency...

2 comments:

  1. Boney7:36 PM

    Man I like your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Info .. thanks.

    ReplyDelete