May 17, 2008

A Trip to Kashid!!!

I finally took a day off to really get myself refreshed from a very troublesome and hectic schedule. It took almost 1 and a half years for me to take a break of my routines where no work was involved. Yes the last leave I took was in December 2006 thereafter I was only off for a couple of sick leaves.... anyways the trip to Kashid (34 KMs from Alibag on the west coast of the country in Maharashtra) was good and refreshing... I took the jerry bag off to make sure that the next few weeks that are going to be lot more hectic for me are neautralised.

We started off late on friday from Pune to travel the 100 kms route with wife and kids... the plan was to hit ALibag and stay there at a resort for a night before we hit the waves of the kashid beach on Saturday..... as expected and opposite to the plan we reached there a bit late .... thanks to overwhelming response we got from the traffic on the north bypass traffic near Khopoli. Reaching Alibag and searching for a better resort this time was another adventure...(Yes I am an unplanned traveller) I read this at Travel and Living web site the quote was : The Best traveller is the one who travels unplanned...

We reached the Radisson Park resorts just out of Alibag city, the new resort that was just inaugarated 4 days ago... what a nice place... Ambience, cool villa's .... perfect reception... however we were unlucky to put up our stay there for long ... due to time constraints....

Kashid is my regular... someohow I hit the beach whenever I can... a place with very few tourists, good clean beach, some good shacks around and best peace of nature.....

I wish to write more... but just waiting to see how the pics come up... for your informatin we still use our non digital old styled camera which generates only hard copies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment