Oct 12, 2006

My experience with the Documentary

The Last time I did documentary with Palash and Abhi it was so different ... I had freedom to put my ideas and the script was written to best acquisite the concept .. Yeah "Tawayaf ki Zindagi" what we thought as a title for .. it was a dammn experience when we really had to go in the red light area.. and enter as one of them and generate the theme and concept in the video .. but I had 2 experts with me to help .. they knew the technique they were the experts .. so I presented my Idea and they helped me get the presentation correct ... And believe it or not that is why both of them got a Pat on there back from a leading film maker..It was excellent piece of art from them ... mixing .. dubbing was not really required .. but the way they handled camera I can't believe .. Now when I see our documentary I realise that why cameraman plays a important role in the movie and why his name comes before the real key members of the crew..

But this experience was much different .. different is not really the word .. it was a complete upside down of the first one.. I had to really think and get everyone in the Team think the same way as I was thinking and it was a risk.. coz I always thought that if the engine goes in a wrong direction the train will reach a dead end .. but as expected the Team was really really faboulous ...well it was like 4 Amateurs making a Oscar.. Yes for me this Documentary is a Oscar Nominee.. as I can see the hard work and effort not from one but from everyone...

I still remember when this came in from Kari and Joe that we make a documentary and the Team was distributed I thought that I will get some scope to show my "MOVIE specific Talents" but yeah it was all a faboulous experience .. Seetha, Natwar, Sachin, Saket, Rhushi were mind blowing in the part they played... and Vijay, Seetha ram and Karan (Rhushi's brother) were as good as they could be in the documentary... Well when it came to the documentary initially our Idea was very very much different..
it was about seX in Pune .. and Yes if you have a corrupt mind you will think its going to be a SX education documentary .. however it wasnt .. It was a documentary that would let you do some SighSeeing Xclusively in pune.. we thought we would evolve the documentary with personalities from different era .. right from 16th century to the current..however we could not do it .. But at this point I dont regret ... We could still do the best even though the topic is not that strong...

Ok forget it.. let me tell you my experience when we really thought of doing the documentary we currently did...
It was 7:45 in the evening after around 10-12 metings between the team about what the documentary should be like and how to begin and end the documentary we thought that we might need to change the topic as the deadline was close by and we did not have enough time to finish it... We thought of this topic ... "Drug Addiction" our inspiration was really the BOL smokers... though they are not really addicted to drugs but yes they are addicted to tobacco or nicotine whatever you call it..

The Idea eveolved within 15 minutes and we decided that we would shoot the next weekend as the story was pretty simple.. 1 good guy... has bad friends.. comes from a middle class family and gets into drugs. whether he dies or he is rehabilated was a separate question .. and you wont believe we still havent finalised it yet...

The first day of our shooting was at Natwar's flat in kharadi ... I was full prepared and so was Natwar, Seetha and Sachin.. we tool Puneet and Ranjitha along with us to get some support... but the fun was due in the next few hours.....

I am writing the sequel so follwo the blog if you really wanna know what we did there....

0 comments:

Post a Comment