Oct 24, 2006

Cops and Bribe ...

What the F**K ... Yeah today was one of the worst day of my driving life when I was being screwed up by the cop for really no reason .. Yeah really No REASON .. I was driving to the office at around 10:00 AM in the churn of traffic... Well driving to office in the peak hours is a real pain specially on the A-1 Road of pune is a real bit of pain in the A**E.. noticing that the traffic was very cranky I sped up a bit to get down before the signal closes and what a big tragedy it was I was in the middle of the road with Green signal marked and a cab driver came breaking all the signals right in front of the Traffic cop to dash a poor guy driving a scooter .. to the pity that guy fell badly down and was not able to get up .. while I took myself down the lane and rushed to get the guy up .. The cop was busy arguing with the cab driver ...

This guy who is a .NeT developer in Cybage seems to have got some bruises enough to give him pain and rest for a few days atleast ... while he was OK to drive I could make out that the Cab driver was making efforts to settle the matter with the cop and not the one who really got injured .. what a Pity ...

Finally I decided to step in and went to the cop and asked him to get the hospital expenses for this guy or atleast fine the cab driver for being irrational .. wow what a statement it was to invite a pleasure ful denial for me in the best way I never heard ever... "You dont have to teach me what I have to do"... It appeared that the Cop was a relative of that cab driver .. I dont know but I felt as if the cop was the security official of the Prime Minister of India who was none other than the Cab driver ... bloody shame ...

Well after letting the injured fellow go I took over to the lane to go back to usual when I saw the Cab driver and the cop going on a nearby Tea Stall .. And If you are not from India or Pune .. Cop taking you to tea stall means bribe .. I am sure it was settled for 100 bucks .. not really much but the concept is painful.... Yeah BRIBE ... It hurts specially when the cops do it .. I understand that they earn around 2000-3000 rs a month as official salary but thats not really a reason to accept bribes ... If I earn less and I start stealing or being a dacoit will it do?

Nay ..... so this Cop who I think is not so old should be around 35-40 with a huge ponche which I am sure wasnt there until he joined the forces and I am sure it was a result of the money he got from bribe all over .. shameful but true .. I decided to not spare this guy ..... No No No No ... doesnt mean I am going to Kill him ;) Well I decided to make him realize that he did something wrong .. yeah the traditional Gandhi way which I saw in the Movie "lage Raho MunnaBhai " and when my MD came to the office and told the Team that if you find someone not doing proper work go and give a rose to them .... Well this movie has really changed the thing atleast to what I see in pune ...

I bough a rose from a florist close to the Ruby Hall clinic and went and handed him over the rose, Now what happened ? Well dont need to tell you cause it was in front of atleast 25-30 people and it was not hidden that he was being given a rose just because he did not do his work correctly ... I saw some grins on faces, some smiles , some winks towards me and some hearty laughs ... well it was not to insult someone but I felt he would have or he would at some point realize that he did a mistake .. well A SIN....

Anyways I am not a real "SatyaGrahi" (Non Violence supportive) kinda guy .. if you stare at me I will return you with a punch maybe .hehehheheheh nay nay dont get scared just kidding but yeah I am not that kinda guy who will take a non violent method always .. but I realised that this really worked ... I am sure something will change in that cop .. or to that matter the cab driver .. who drives the Indica vehicle for one of the BPO services company in pune .. (Well I am going to report the matter to the company as I have the Car number and the contact number written on the car itself) so anyways the punishment to the cab driver will come at some point ...

forget it for now .. I wanna raise what I dont wanna think about .. Bribe ... Is it OK to bribe someone to get out of problem situations?

Let muah know ...

1 comment:

  1. although i feel ashamed of writing this..

    It only works sometime in India.. when you bribe..

    Hats off.. for your effort

    ReplyDelete